In case of emergency or crisis


 To answer your inquiries more smoothly...

 About each item, we recommend you to ask someone understands both Japanese and English (or your mother language) before you ask us.

Dial 110 when calling police in case of a crime or an accident

If you dial 110 without a city code, you can contact police anytime to make a report. When reporting from a public telephone, 110 can be called by pushing the red emergency contact button. (Same as calling 119.)

When you call, report in this order;

  1. The situation of the accident or crime.
  2. The location or address where it occurred.
  3. Your name.

If you report that there is an injured person, an ambulance will be dispatched.

Dial 119 when calling for a fire engine in case of fire, an ambulance in case of injury or sudden illness

The fire department has both fire engines and ambulances.

When you call, report in this order:

  1. The reason for your telephone call; whether fire or medical emergency. You must remain calm and tell clearly.
  2. The location from where you are calling.
  3. Your name and phone number.

Preparations for earthquakes

Nobody knows when an earthquake happens, that's why it's terrible.

It is best to prepare and store an emergency kit consisting of: food, drinking water, flashlights, radios, first aid kits, a head protection called "Bousai Zukin", heavy gloves, jackets with long sleeves and strong shoes.

When the disaster occurs and your life seems to be in danger, you need to evacuate to safe place and save yourself.

In case of evacuation, please go to elementary schools, junior high schools and high schools.


  • Katori city office, The General Affairs Section (Somu Ka) Tel: 0478-50-1201

Consulting Service

Please use the windows as follows if you meet difficulties about daily life and human rights.

Consulting Service in Katori City

8:30a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (only in Japanese)


  • Katori city office, Citizens' Activities Promotion Section (Shiminkatsudo suishinn Ka)

Other Consulting Services

Chiba Prefecture Telephone Counseling for Non-Japanese residents

(Chiba International Exchange Center Tel: 043-297-2966)

  • English/Japanese: 9:00a.m. - 12:00 noon, and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
  • Spanish: 9:00a.m. - 12:00 noon, and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday to Wednesday
  • Chinese: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, Tuesday

Human Rights Counseling Offices For Foreigners

(Tokyo Legal Affairs Bureau Tel: 03-5213-1372)

  • Chinese: 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday
  • English/ German: 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday

Foreign Residents Information Center

(Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau Tel: 03-5796-7112)

  • English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai : 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday


秘書広報課 広報広聴班
〒287-8501 千葉県香取市佐原ロ2127番地 (市役所4階)